Monday, November 17, 2008

Now Hiring Seasonal and possible Full time..........?

So I have decided to make up a new term when it comes to relationship statuses.

I have come to the conclusion that instead of saying you are single, married, or in a relationship, you can just say you are in a “Part Time” relationship.

It does sound a little weird, but once most of the people who are in my situation realize that this is somewhat true, they will understand.

Ok, so I describe being in a “Part Time” relationship as being in a relationship with someone, but because of certain circumstances, you cannot communicate or see that individual as much as you would with a Full Time relationship. You guys see each other twice a month and talk on the phone maybe a few times every two weeks. As far as my relationship status is concerned I am considered “Part Time.”

Now there are some pros and cons to being in a “Part Time” relationship. One pro that I can think of now is that, all during the times you are not with your “Part Time” significant other, you are considered “single.” This also means that you can talk to whomever, whenever you want during the off times of you and your “part time” partner.

The Cons that I have found with this are, one of the partners could be controlling, or jealous of the fact that you would even socialize with someone else. Now the person who acts like this is the reason your relationship is considered “part time” in the first place .It would not be “part time” if that person did not create this pattern of the on and off phone calls and the less than seldom “personal” time. So don’t feel guilty significant others, because they would not have to worry about the void being filled in your heart by someone else unless they decide to fulfill it themselves. You would want them to do that, but they still haven’t stepped up to the plate so forget them for not fulfilling the end of their bargain. There is a possibility that they could be replaced by another relationship interest anyways.

So Part Timers, consider this a relationship with benefits!! Now I know we all like benefits. These benefits may include a free dinner, movie, and possible tangible gifts! All of these benefits are provided by the “seasonal relationship interests”. These are the people that you meet while the “part time” title-holder is in his/her recession. They are the ones ready to step to the plate and take on the “Full Time” gratification of being in a relationship with you.

Ok… So here is a scenario for ya… so you can get a better understanding.

I’m out with my girls on one of our days off. Haven’t talked to the “part timer” so that means I’m good… a guy approaches me, starts a conversation and decides that he is interested in me. He then asks that one question that we all usually hear in the beginning or the end of a conversation. “Do you have a man?”
Then I say “Well I am in a part time relationship, but I am accepting seasonal takers I will put you down for some test shifts”.
He then says, “I am interested in being “full time”. Finally, someone steps up to the plate! Now we have to see if he is qualified for that role.
Now, these test shifts will take place on those “Part Time” days so the part timer can get an extended vacation just incase this seasonal person aspiring to be full time taker, might be the “part timers” replacement.

The new seasonal member of my team is then put on a 3 week impressing period, some may know it as “orientation.” The "seasonal" person will take you out on a surprise date, it might be the average dinner and a movie, or it could be him taking you to a miniature theme park just to be fun and spontaneous…*hint* That is the kind of stuff I like…lol

Anyways, let’s just say that he outshines the current “Part timer,” the current title-holder is now demoted or Terminated. His time with me will slowly start to deteriorate as the brand new “part timer” or possible “full timer” takes his place. Hopefully he will do a better job!

No comments: